Saturday, March 26, 2016

Long post ahead!

Hi again!

Omg... its the end of the month again.  Time sure flies!  Well, lets backtrack and see what I've been up to the past few weeks since I last blogged.

For school I have been doing pretty good actually compared to before.  Its definitely because I have a set routine for my study times and I re-listen to my teachers lectures everywhere!  In the car, while I do makeup, as I'm re-reading my chapters in my nursing book.  It helps SO much!  So for those of you who are in need of study tips.. I'd definitely recommend recording your teachers lectures and re-listening to it over and over again along with re-reading your chapters until you get sick of it.  I downloaded an app to record the lectures actually because it lets me fast forward it (yes, the lectures are now at medium speed with that squeaky voice) and it definitely takes less time to listen to the lectures. It cuts the time by pretty much half!  So yes.. these are some tips that have worked for me.

Wait, did I mention what I was even going to school for?  I don't think so.. ok well I am in nursing school in an LVN program.  So LVN stands for Licensed Vocational Nurse.  There are two types of nurses and they are LVN's (Licensed Vocational Nurse) and RN's (Registered Nurse).  They do almost exactly the same things except that LVN's do not handle IV and we get paid like $10-15 less than an RN.  The reason I decided to take this road rather than go straight to RN is because I still need to finish up my prerequisites for the RN program and I also wanted to start working and earning money asap.  So that's the gist of that~  Oh and on top of nursing school I also attend one mental health class (it is not a requirement for school but for my own personal reasons) on Thursday nights.  So many classes I know.. haha.  But, they are very much worth it to me.

As for work it has been pretty chill.  Its the same thing day in and day out.. just different challenges here and there.  Oh I never mentioned what I currently work as.. I am a receptionist at a Physical Therapy office.  I work 4-5 days a week with a minimum of 4-5hrs a day so I am part-time there.  I make good money but its not enough which is why I am in nursing school of course.  I love working at this office as everything I do is really easy peasy and they let me study first and foremost!  Whenever I finish all my work (I usually I finish super early) my bosses have granted me permission to study as they know how crazy my schedule is and are more than willing to accommodate me since I do such a good job at what I do~ :P  With attending school 7-2pm then work 3-8:30pm it is really hard trying to find time to study so it really helps this job allows me such flexibility.  I am SUPER happy to be working here!

Anyway now as for the rest of my life.. everything has been great.  I absolutely love my boyfriend Roy to death and we try to talk as much as possible and spend as much time together as we can.  He is my happiness.<3  Hehe  My friends are all awesome too!  I don't get to spend as much time with them as I'd like with our schedules so crazy and all over the place but on the times I do get to see them.. we have loads of fun!  I love all my girlfriends equally and they are my very best friends who have been there for me since I can remember.  We have our ups and downs but I love my girls~ Shout out to my main chick clique (in alphabetical order): Beka, Eileen, Joy, Karen, K-chan, Rachel and Susan. <3

Well, other than all of this I thought I'd also bring up one last thing since this post got super long.. I do attend therapy since I've been diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression.  I feel I definitely have more anxiety than depression.. but I have my ups and downs like everyone else.  I attend therapy once a week and I actually just recently started in January.  I never thought I'd attend therapy since I always felt like I was "too good" for it (pride problems right there).. or my issues were never that major that I needed to go.. but in January I was just overcome with so much in my life that I just needed an outlet and someone to talk to so they can help me manage my life better since I was not doing such a good job on my own.  So yes... I think that is pretty much all that is going on right now.  I'll update this blog when I feel like there's a need to.. I'll definitely try to as often as I can!

So, that's it for me.. this got excruciatingly long and I know no one is reading this anyway. Lol

'Til next time! Byebye~

~(^w^)~
- Lourie

No comments:

Post a Comment